Présentation PaganPoetry

• Bienvenue !
  • Salut, Bloodborne quel jeu <3

Tu fais assez attention à l'orthographe pour quelqu'un d'origine étrangère c'est très appréciable.

Bienvenue sur le forum

Lake
  • Bienvenue :) tu verras que All is full of Love par ici ;)
  • Bienvenue sur Next Gaymerr PaganPoetry !

Je suis vraiment heureux de t'accueillir parmi nous,
    j'espère que tu te feras plein d'amis dans la communauté !

À très vite !
  • Bienvenue
  • Lake wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 08:27 Tu fais assez attention à l'orthographe pour quelqu'un d'origine étrangère c'est très appréciable.
    C'est plus facile quand on a peur de se tromper devant des vrais francophones :$

Merci à tous!
  • Hello, fellow English teacher! ;p
    And welcome aboard this huge friend-ship! :D
  • Wouuuh un New Yorkais parmi nous, sois le bienvenu! :D
    Yeah Animal Crossing is really cool, it's hard to believe we can spend so much time picking shells on the beach, hitting rocks with shovels or trolling our dears animals neighbors ^^
  • Salut et bienvenue à toi sur NG !
    Code ami Switch : SW-0716-0335-4902
  • Encore merci!
    Bjorkio wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 22:05 Hello, fellow English teacher! ;p
    And welcome aboard this huge friend-ship! :D
    And fellow Björk fan? :o
    Neptunide wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 22:51 Oh god, please keep that accent. There is nothing cuter than an american accent in french.
    Same for y'all in English! (Okay, we don't say y'all in New York, but you wanted some American slang...) Luckily, all I hear during the week are my French students' strong accents ;)

And wow, you guys speak English really well... too bad you're not my students :T_T: (actually, they're fine, but I miss having real conversations in English sometimes...)
  • PaganPoetry wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 13:37 And fellow Björk fan? :o
    @Neptunide

I think he meant me darlin' :p
    And to answer the question, nope, absolutely nothin' to do with 'Dancer in the dark' first role, haha!
    Just a made up name, that happens to sound like her.

Daaaaamn... I hear ya' 'bout French kids! My "5èmes" are WORST than my "6èmes" !!! I mean... they literaly forgot EVERYTHING they are supposed to have learned last year! :O I could speak Chinese, it would not make much difference @onion16@
  • Neptunide wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 13:51 I used to, but I stopped to enjoy her music from "Vespertine".
    I preferred her electro wilde period, she also had beautiful songs in there ("Play Dead", "Venus as a boy", "Joga"), but from Vespertine, it didn't touch me as much anymore... just like PJ Harvey lately :/
    I guess I'm too "electric" for that.
    My favorite thing about her is that she never does the same thing twice. She just released a new single recently and I like it, but honestly it's the first time in a long time I'm not in love with something she's released... I hope the rest of the album is more to my taste :?

I must admit though, Vesperine is my favorite (which you can probably guess, since I am Pagan Poetry) and it's also the name of my WiFi network :p
    Neptunide wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 13:51Ah euh aïe dont no ouate youre talkine euhbwoite!
    Ze french aquecente iz not abeulibeubeule, oui dont iveune spail zi "H", and oui sound laïke oui cant spike ineglish propeurly! @onion2@

See, that's adorable! @onion8@ My students are always worried about their accent and saying they want to improve it, but secretly I want them to keep talking like in the Robin Williams video...
    Neptunide wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 13:51After living 3 years abroad, I can't even think in french anymore. Sometimes, I even loose my native language, it's like I know the meaning of some expression or words in english, but I can't find the translation in french... kinda odd, isn't it?
    My accent is weird tho... I start to learn it when my sister lived in Scotland, so I have a french accent with a scottish pronounciation...

I find that too a little bit, sometimes my students ask me what the English equivalent is for a French word, and I completely understand what they say in French but have no answer for them in English (an example from this week: I still can't translate "fini le temps" into something that sounds legitimately English...). And the worst is when your thoughts are a weird mix of Franglish. I don't remember what my brain was like when I could only speak one language.

I know a couple of French guys with Irish accents (they studied/worked in Ireland), but Scottish is impressive because honestly, I have trouble understanding Scottish accents even in English :p I wonder if eventually I'll have a Ch'ti accent...
    Bjorkio wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 14:01
    PaganPoetry wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 13:37 And fellow Björk fan? :o
    @Neptunide

I think he meant me darlin' :p
    And to answer the question, nope, absolutely nothin' to do with 'Dancer in the dark' first role, haha!
    Just a made up name, that happens to sound like her.

Daaaaamn... I hear ya' 'bout French kids! My "5èmes" are WORST than my "6èmes" !!! I mean... they literaly forgot EVERYTHING they are supposed to have learned last year! :O I could speak Chinese, it would not make much difference @onion16@
    It's true, I was talking to you... but I can't blame Neptunide if he wants to talk to me more :?

When I was working in collège I really thought I'd quit and find a different career. One time, an annoying girl wanted the dictionary to find a word, and she kept saying "I... avoir le dictionnaire?????" I told her I'd give it to her if she told me how to say avoir in English (even a 6ème should know this, it's probably the second verb you learn!), and she couldn't do it. Also, I spoke 90% French to them in class, and the last day they asked if I knew how to speak French. They really drove me insane.

Luckily, it's so much nicer teaching at a university ;)
  • Neptunide wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 14:22 Sorry about that, I don't know why, but I read "ANY Bjork fans?" instead of "and"...
    I'm very chatty here, but in real life, that's quite the opposite. I guess that my shyness makes me awkwardly expressive on the internet, like I contain myself so much in real life that in here, I get it all out.
    I'll try to mind my own business next time @onion16@
    You don't need to apologize! I'm more reserved in person too, whether in English or in French, so I can sympathize ;) If it's a private conversation, I wouldn't have it in public, anyway!
  • Bienvenue !
  • OMG I love "Pagan Poetry" too
    And that video !

Bienvenue :)
  • Pagan Poetry is - in my opinion - the best song performed by Björk (but I have to admit I don't know her entire discography). Ah, it takes me back to when I was still living with my parents years ago :D

Welcome !
  • C'est un forum pour les Gaymers ou un forum pour les fans de Björk? @onion8@
  • (mieux vaut tard que jamais)
    Bonjour PaganPoetry et bienvenue !